Hi, everyone – so I recently came across this fantastic recipe by The Minimalist Baker and knew it would be perfect for this installment of Tasty Tuesday! 🙂 Not only it is super easy to whip up, it’s a wonderful snack that’s healthy for you, too – and you can add whatever seasonings or spices you like! How cool is that?! Feel free to hit ‘Read More’ below to try out the recipe yourself!
How to Make Kale Chips!
Prep Time Cook Time Total Time
5 Minutes 25 Minutes 30 Minutes
- One large bundle curly green or purple kale
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) melted coconut or avocado oil
- Seasonings of choice (i.e. pinch sea salt, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, etc)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (107 C). Use convection bake if you have it to speed up cooking time and help chips crisp up even more.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry kale, then tear into small pieces and discard any large stems.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil and seasonings of choice. Toss thoroughly to combine, using hands to distribute the oil and seasonings evenly.
- Spread the kale over two large baking sheets, ensuring the kale touches as little as possible to help them crisp while baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the pans around and lightly toss/stir kale to ensure even baking. Bake for 5-10 minutes more or until kale is crispy and very slight golden brown. Watch closely as it can burn easily.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly – chips will crisp up even more once out of the oven.
- Enjoy immediately! Best when fresh. Store leftovers covered at room temperature for 2-3 days.